[av_one_full first min_height=” vertical_alignment=” space=” custom_margin=” margin=’0px’ link=” linktarget=” link_hover=” padding=’0px’ border=” border_color=” radius=’0px’ background=’bg_color’ background_color=” background_gradient_color1=” background_gradient_color2=” background_gradient_direction=’vertical’ src=” background_position=’top left’ background_repeat=’no-repeat’ animation=” mobile_breaking=” mobile_display=” av_uid=’av-2hz1sk’]
[av_heading heading=’Studio Etiquette‘ tag=’h1′ style=’blockquote modern-quote’ size=’50’ subheading_active=” subheading_size=’15’ margin=” margin_sync=’true’ padding=’30’ color=” custom_font=” av-medium-font-size-title=” av-small-font-size-title=” av-mini-font-size-title=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jh7b0hge’ admin_preview_bg=”][/av_heading]
[av_textblock size=” font_color=” color=” av-medium-font-size=” av-small-font-size=” av-mini-font-size=” av_uid=’av-jh7az7p6′ admin_preview_bg=”]
Studio Etiquette & First Timers
TO HELP US MAINTAIN A SENSE OF PEACE AND SERENITY IN OUR YOGA STUDIO, PLEASE:
- Remove your shoes and socks, and place them in the shoe shelf as you enter.
- Sign in at the reception upon arrival, before proceeding to the changing area or the practice hall.
- Fill the practice hall from the front, placing your mat in line with others.
- Limit the use of heavy fragrances and scents.
- Arrive 10-15 minutes before class begins to Change, Use the bathroom and Settle in.
- Please wait to enter the practice hall if you arrive during the opening chant. Enter the room mindfully by silently opening and closing the door and silently placing your yoga mat.
- Please respect silence in the practice hall. This is our chance to relax and take break from our busy schedules.
- Try to use an ‘indoor voice’ in the reception and changing areas.
- IF YOU ARE 15 MINUTES LATE FOR THE CLASS WE KINDLY REQUEST YOU TO WAIT TO JOIN THE NEXT CLASS.
- All mobile devices must be switched to silent mode once in the practice hall, wait until you leave the practice hall before checking your mobile or answering a call. It’s such a rare and beautiful opportunity to spend an hour or more without a handheld device.
- It’s best to take shower before and after the practice.
- Please leave your bags and belongings in the space provided in the practice hall.
- Bring your own yoga mat, hand towel and water bottle.
- You are responsible for keeping your yoga mat clean. Take it home regularly for thoroughly cleaning.
- Ensure the space around your yoga mat is sweat free when leaving the practice hall.
- If you are using the Studios equipment, place it back in its original place and in the same way you found it.
- Try not to eat 2 hours before the class.
- Stay for the whole class including for Sarvasana. If you have special request to leave early let the yoga teacher know before the class begins and leave quietly before Sarvasana begins. The more excuses you make to leave early, the more you need Sarvasana.
- Be kind to others in your class. We never know the circumstances anyone has gone through before we encounter them.
- Let your yoga teacher know of any health concerns or injuries you are aware of, if you are pregnant or returning after 6 weeks of giving birth.
- Leave the practice hall once the class is over.
RELAX, BREATH DEEPLY, LAUGH, ENJOY, AND CONNECT